14 May 2011

Beer: Wells Bombardier

Wells Bombardier
ABV 4.7%

“Brewed in the heart of England this is a richly rewarding traditional, burnished copper ale, bursting with English Spirit.”

Tasty.  I recommend it.  This beer is bottled in Bedford, England by a family-owned brewery, or so the bottle states with a stamp reading  “INDEPENDENT FAMILY BREWER.”  That has neither bearing on my opinion of the taste of the beer, nor does it influence my choice to purchase it over another agreeable beer.  For all I know, the family that owns this brand of beer is a bunch of assholes.  Considering their beer is quite good, I doubt that is the case.  They are probably very nice people.  Still, I will make my choice based on taste, mood, and the money in my pocket (Free beer always wins over the hop infused, delicious, and expensive).  I don’t feel qualified to weigh in on whether this is the most English of English beers (the label on the neck reads “Drink of England”), but I can say with authority, it is definitely not American in style.

No comments:

Post a Comment