27 February 2011

Beer: Joker I.P.A.




Scottish Joker I.P.A. (India Pale Ale); 5% ABV
Brewed by Williams Bros Brewing Co


The Joker I.P.A. is a smooth and tasty beer.  This is on the lighter side of India Pale Ales, as these brews often tend to have a higher alcoholic content than other styles of beer.  Although I do enjoy over-hopped/extra-hopped/maddeningly-hopped ales, this brew is not overdone with hops, which may make it more accessible to those who are only beginning to try pale ales or who will only on occasion stray from their favorite lager.  I recommend that everyone give this one a try, but I can’t say that I would go out of my way to procure it.  It is a great beer, but I have a long standing bias in favor of Brooklyn Brewery’s East India Pale Ale when it come to pale ales. 

The brewers have placed this descriptive label on the back of the bottle:

Joker premium pale is created from a complex blend of malt & hops with the sole purpose of bringing a smile to your face.  Joke has a fresh citrusy aroma and bittersweet, full flavour.
By the way, you look great. (That’s the beer talking!)

Even if just as a reward for their sense of humor it may be worth taking a chance on this brew from The Williams Bros.  You may find it to be one of your new favorites. 
www.williamsbrosbrew.com